If you have any questions about The Young Franciscans or would like to become a member, please do get in touch using this form. As with all things sometimes technology can falter, as a back up email firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding Policy of the Young Franciscans Community
The Young Franciscans Community is committed to:
· The care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with, all children, young people and all adults
· The safeguarding and protection of all children, young people and all adults
· The establishing of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment where victims of abuse can report or disclose abuse and where they can find support and best practice that contributes to the prevention of abuse
In particular, the Community will seek to:
· Reduce the risk of harm to vulnerable people (children and adults) from abuse or other types of exploitation, whilst listening to and supporting individuals
· Ensure safeguarding is everybody’s business, with this institution playing its part in preventing, detecting and reporting neglect and abuse
· Ensure arrangements are in place locally to protect those least able to protect themselves.
To this end:
· We will carefully select, support and train all those with any responsibility within the Community, in line with the principles of Safer Recruitment. Where persons with responsibility in the Community are on secondment (or equivalent) from a partner organization (including, but not limited to, The Third Order, Society of St Francis, The First Order, Society of St Francis and St Saviours Church Wendell Park) the guiding principles of Safer Recruitment will be adapted to the particular situation.
· We will respond without delay to every complaint made, that any adult, child or young person may have been harmed, cooperating with the police and local authority in any investigation.
· We will seek to offer informed pastoral care and support to anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with them an appropriate ministry that recognises the importance of understanding the needs of those who have been abused, including their feelings of alienation and/or isolation.
· We will seek to protect survivors of abuse from the possibility of further harm and abuse.
· We will seek to challenge any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of respect and responsibility, where they are trusted by others.
· We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision, and referral to the appropriate authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or adult who is vulnerable.
In all these principles we will follow legislation, guidance and recognised good practice.
For a more detailed version of our safeguarding policy, please get in touch.